Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Internet


The Internet has become a strong way to get across to the widest audience possible. My focus today is on how many times I have seen the State Of Origin being marketed through this media. I have come across an integrated marketing net for NRL’s game through communication tools such as:
o   Advertising
o   Promotional/publicity Products via social media: Nova’s Gallen Punch drink. You can see from the following pic this tool motivated the target audience to become engaged by commenting on this picture.


o   Direct Selling/E-commerce: NRL website selling tickets
o   Public Relations (NRL report)


o   Social Media: Facebook posts, NRL posted throughout games - every time there was a try.

I have noticed that the marketing becomes more strong and frequent prior to an upcoming game, this integrated communication plan through the use of internet and interactive marketing is definitely a success. All I need to do is scroll through my Facebook news feed a week leading up to a game and of course on the night of the game such as game two last week to see how successful the marketing has conveyed the campaign online.

No comments:

Post a Comment